There are steps you can take to ensure you can get the most out of your pre-owned Lexus. We suggest you keep these tips in mind when caring for your pre-owned car or SUV from Fields Lexus of Glenview.
Practice Safe Driving Habits
The way you drive may have more of an impact on your vehicle than you realize. For example, frequently slamming on your brakes can cause undue wear and shorten their lifespan drastically.
It’s important to keep these tips in mind when driving your vehicle:
- Avoid unnecessarily speeding up just to slow down
- Avoid tailgating
- Utilize the parking brake, especially when parked on an incline
- Make sure to come to a complete stop before shifting gears
- Limit the times you drive on an almost-empty fuel tank
Make Maintenance a Priority
As your vehicle gets older and mileage starts to accrue, maintenance is more important than ever. Your vehicle needs a variety of tasks to ensure that it continues to run smoothly and efficiently, including:
- Oil changes and filter replacements
- Tire rotations and tread inspections
- Fluid replenishments (brake fluid, transmission fluid, coolant, etc.)
- Shock and strut inspections
Keep It Clean
Carwashes aren’t just intended to keep your Lexus car or SUV looking good; they are important for your vehicle’s integrity, too. Over time, dust and dirt will begin to compromise your vehicle’s exterior, which can lead to a build-up of rust and corrosion.
By keeping the cabin clean, you’ll also help keep your interior air quality as fresh as possible, as well as your vehicle’s smell.
We want you to get the most out of your pre-owned Lexus vehicle. Reach out to our Lexus dealership in Glenview, IL to schedule a maintenance appointment today!